Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Word of the Day: Continue

An antonym of the work continue is to lay off. Well that's what happened to me, after 19 years at the same job I was abruptly laid off. No warning just laid off on a Thursday morning. I got in my car and went home in tears. What do I do? I have always worked, ever since I was in high school I have had a job.

As the days pass by I realize that this is a little more difficult than I would have expected. don't get me wrong, it is wonderful to be able to sleep late, and catch up on all of the things that need to be done in the house. The difficulty came to me when I realized that I have defined so much of myself by the job I had. When we meet someone for the first time the first question we usually ask is , "What do you do?" Well, what do I do?? that is what I am trying to figure out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that!